GLA-MP1, BISHOP SUPPORT
Bishop QUICKSTART Guide
It is the quickstart guidefor the Bishop All Tube Channel Strip in English.
GLA-MP1, Bishop User Manual
It is the user’s manual for the Bishop All Tube Channel Strip in English.
GLA-MP1, Sidechain Link Cable
Pinout diagram of the Bishop All Tube Channel Strip’s Sidechain Link Cable.
– The mains is not connected.
– The IEC socket switch is not switched on.
– Check the mains connection.
– Check that the mains voltage is present.
– Switch on the IEC connector switch.
– Replace the mains cable.
– Disconnect from the mains and check the fuse on the IEC connector (replace if burned out).
– The switch under the red LED is in the down position.
– Inadequate mains voltage.
– Set the switch below the red LED to the upper position.
– Check the mains voltage level at the operating site.
– Check that the mains voltage requirement of the device is corresponds to the voltage what is available at your location.
– Voltage fluctuation on the mains network.
– Inadequate mains voltage
– Check the mains voltage and whether it is suitable for your device. (You can read the required voltage on the backpanel’s serial label.)
– Eliminate voltage fluctuations. (Use another outlet or voltage conditioner.)
– Replace the fuse.
– It is normal on this type of equipment, it does not affect the operation of the device.
– The charged elements in the vacuum tubes can mechanically vibrate, changing the distance between the elements, producing charge flows in and out of the tube in a manner identical to a capacitor microphone. A system sufficiently susceptible to microphonics could experience audio feedback, and make noises if jarred or bumped.
– Be sure to avoid hitting or dropping the device.
– If the phenomenon is extreme, it may be necessary to replace the tubes.
Case 1 – It also happens in the bypass position.
– The source signal levels do not match on either side.
– The connecting cables are defective.
Case 2 – In the bypass position, both signal levels are the same.
– The device must be recalibrated. (See the Calibration Manual at the Downloads section.)
– Vacuum tubes are worn and need to be replaced.
-Most of the time it is a “ground related” noise.
– Professional audio equipment intended for use with balanced lines may have a ground lift switch for the cable shield. The ground lift switch eliminates unwanted hum and buzz by interrupting the ground loops between equipment, preventing current flow along the cable shield between two devices.
– Use the ground lift switch at the back on the device.